Menedék - Hungarian Association for Migrants was established in January 1995 as a civil initiative. The Association operates as a non-profit organisation, independent from governmental institutions.
- To represent international migrants (asylum seekers, refugees, immigrants, and other foreigners in Hungary) towards the majority society.
- To promote the social, and cultural integration of those refugees and migrants who are planning to stay in Hungary by means of targeted programmes and projects.
- To represent the interests and rights of migrants towards the political, administrative, governmental and municipal bodies and in the media.
- To step up and provide expertise for the elaboration of Hungary's anti-discrimination and migration policy.
- To make migration-related statistical data and research available primarily for organizations trying to help migrants or researching the topic of migration through our newsletter 'Oltalomkeresok'.
- Elaboration of sustainable partnerships with other civil societies pursuing similar goals.
- Organising and co-ordinating social, informational, mental-health programmes promoting the social integration of refugees and migrants staying in Hungary.
- Through our national network of social workers to provide personal assistance to migrants in order to promote their integration and to protect their rights.
- Taking part in the elaboration of decisions relating to migration policy.
- Cooperating with other national and international organizations working in the field of migration.
- Organising trainings to strengthen professional competencies of those involved in refugee affairs.
- Taking part in national and international research projects.
Members of the Association
- Antal Örkény - President
- Ágnes Hárs - Vice-President
- György Péteri- Vice-President
- Boldizsár Nagy - Supervisory Board- President
- Renáta Czinkotai - Supervisory Board- Member
- Attila Melegh - Supervisory Board- Member
- Katalin Bognár - member
- Renáta Czinkotai - member
- Roland Gyékiss - member
- Katalin Haraszti - member
- Andrea Hrivnák - member
- Linda Huber - member
- Éva Józsa - member
- András Kováts - member
- Ferenc Kőszeg - member
- Attila Mészáros - member
- János Nemes - member
- Pál Nyíri - member
- Andrea Szobolits - member
- Judit Tóth - member
- Zoltán Várhalmi - member
Staff working for the Association
- András Kováts - Director
- György Péteri - Finance director
- Katalin Bognár - Head of Training
- Ildikó Szász - Head of Psycho-Social Services
- Anna Medjesi - Project manager
- Tímea Lovig - Project manager
- Renáta Dudás - Project manager
- Dóra Lippényi - Project manager
- Ildikó Barcza - Project staff
- Katalin Hetzer - Project manager
- Diána Berecz - Project staff
- Aranka Papp - Accountant
- Attila Hímer - Project assistant
- Zsuzsa László - Project staff
- Angéla Szalkai - Project staff
- Boglárka Kovács - Project staff
- Lilla Soltis - Social worker
- Júlia Andrási - Social worker
- Hasan Haidari - Intercultural mediator
- Adrienn Kiss - Social worker
- István Léka - Community group social worker
- Zsófia Lénárt - Community social worker
- Andrea Podina - Social worker
- Attila Szabó - Social worker
- Emőke Takács - Social worker
- Györgyi Antal - Social worker
- Erika Pálosi - Educator
- Ágota Nagy - Psychologist
- Kornél Sándor - Community social worker
- Anikó Puskár - Child development counselor
- Zsuzsa Perák - Social worker
- Roland Fitos - Community worker
- István Kiss - Community worker
- Leila Varga - Psychologist
- Zoltán Kerekes - Social worker
- Andrea Balog - Psychologist
- Hunor Major - Social worker
- Andrea Medvegy - Community worker
- Tamás Pesty - Social worker
Budapest Airport Police Directorate
- Attila Szabó - Social worker