Menedék - Hungarian Association for Migrants was established in January 1995 as a civil initiative. The Association operates as a non-profit organisation, independent from governmental institutions.
- To represent international migrants (asylum seekers, refugees, immigrants, and other foreigners in Hungary) towards the majority society.
- To promote the social, and cultural integration of those refugees and migrants who are planning to stay in Hungary by means of targeted programmes and projects.
- To represent the interests and rights of migrants towards the political, administrative, governmental and municipal bodies and in the media.
- To step up and provide expertise for the elaboration of Hungary's anti-discrimination and migration policy.
- To make migration-related statistical data and research available primarily for organizations trying to help migrants or researching the topic of migration through our newsletter 'Oltalomkeresok'.
- Elaboration of sustainable partnerships with other civil societies pursuing similar goals.
- Organising and co-ordinating social, informational, mental-health programmes promoting the social integration of refugees and migrants staying in Hungary.
- Through our national network of social workers to provide personal assistance to migrants in order to promote their integration and to protect their rights.
- Taking part in the elaboration of decisions relating to migration policy.
- Cooperating with other national and international organizations working in the field of migration.
- Organising trainings to strengthen professional competencies of those involved in refugee affairs.
- Taking part in national and international research projects.
Members of the Association
Antal Örkény - President
Ágnes Hárs - Vice-President
György Péteri- Vice-President
Boldizsár Nagy - Supervisory Board- President
Renáta Czinkotai - Supervisory Board- Member
Attila Melegh - Supervisory Board- Member
András Back - member
Katalin Bognár - member
Renáta Czinkotai - member
Roland Gyékiss - member
Katalin Haraszti - member
Andrea Hrivnák - member
Linda Huber - member
Éva Józsa - member
András Kováts - member
Ferenc Kőszeg - member
Ildikó Lakatos - member
Attila Mészáros - member
János Nemes - member
Pál Nyíri - member
Györgyné Péter - member
Andrea Szobolits - member
Krisztina Takács - member
Zsuzsa Zsebik - member
Staff working for the Association
András Kováts - Director
Ildikó Szász - Head of Psycho-Social Services
György Péteri - Finance director
Anna Medjesi - Project manager
Tímea Lovig - Project manager
Renáta Dudás - Project manager
Dóra Lippényi - Project manager
Katalin Bognár - Head of Training
Ildikó Barcza - Project staff
Katlin Hetzer - Project manager
Diána Berecz - Project staff
Lilla Soltis - Social worker
Júlia András - Social worker
Adrienn Kiss - Social worker
Emőke Takács - Social worker
Andrea Podina - Social worker
Attila Szabó - Social worker
Andrea Podina - Social worker
István Léka - Community group social worker
Zsófia Lénárt - Community social worker
Aranka Papp - Accountant
Attila Hímer - Project assistant
Borbála Bodolai - Project staff
Zsuzsa László - Project staff
Eszter Jagodits - Project staff
Angéla Szalkai - Project staff
Boglárka Kovács - Project staff
Györgyi Antal - Social worker
Erika Pálosi - Educator
Ágota Nagy - Psychologist
Kornél Sándor - Community social worker
Anikó Puskár - Child development counselor
Zsuzsa Perák - Social worker
Roland Fitos - Community worker
István Kiss - Community worker
Leila Varga - Psychologist
Hunor Major - Social worker
Zoltán Kerekes - Community worker
Andrea Balog - Psychologist
Andrea Medvegy - Community worker
Zoltán Nagy - Community worker
József Dávid - Psychologist
Dóra Magyaros - Social worker
Márton Romhányi - Community worker
Ágnes Modok - Psychologist